Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum

Mini Me :: Slimming World Explained

Mini Me - A place for mums to discuss weight loss. Share your weight loss journey with others. Get tips, advice, friendship and weight loss support!

FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Join! (free)   Profile   

Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Documento sin t�ulo

Slimming World Explained

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

Becky
Mini Me SW Mod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Slimming World Explained Reply with quote

For those of you that are interested in what Slimming World is and how the diet works here is a quick explination for you all

Slimming world is a 'Food Optimising' plan which is very easy to follow there is little weighing and measuring and no calorie counting involved. It works by having loads of 'Free' food to fill you up and give you the correct level of nutients and 'Healthy Extras' which are controlled portions of food to ensure a balanced diet. Slimming world is the only diet that allows you to have the things we all love such as crisps and chocolate and these are counted in 'Syns'

Slimming World consists of 2 main plans these are called Red days (also known as original) and Green days. Depending on which day you choice depends what 'Free' foods your allowed for thats day.

Red days -

'Free' foods include most fruit and vegtables. fish, lean meats, poultry and eggs.

On a 'Red day' you Healthy Extras include bread, cereals, cheese milk and carbohydrates such as wholemeal pasta, potatoes, grains and beans.

Green days -

'Free' foods include most fruit and vegtables, pasta, rice, potatoes, grains and eggs

On a 'Green' day Healthy extras include bread, cereals, cheese, milk and protein such as lean meat, poultry and fish.

Recently Slimming World introduced their 'Extra Easy' plan. On an 'Extra Easy' day you combine all the 'Free' foods from both 'Red' and 'Green' days but you have less 'Healthy Extras' when following this plan.

Healthy Extras - Out with the scales

Healthy Extras are refered to as Healthy Extra 'A's and 'B's. Healthy Extra 'A's consist of milk and chesse and these are measured or weighed. Healthy Extra 'B's consist of breads, cereals and others dependant on the plan you are following that day, these are also weighed or measured.

When following both 'Red' and 'Green' days you are allowed two or each Healthy Extra but on 'Extra Easy' you are limited to one of each.

Syns -

Slimming World believes that if you take the food people love completely away they are more likely to find it harder to stick to plan and give in to temptation, this is where 'Syns' come in. Every Slimming World member is allowed between 5 and 15 'Syns' a day regardless of age, weight or sex this is always the same.

'Syns' can be things such as chocolate, crisps or even mayonaise.

Membership -

To join a Slimming World club membership will cost you 9. This includes you 'Food Optomising' book which leasts each and every 'Free' food and all of you 'Healthy Extras' in two seperate sections for 'Red' and 'Green' days.

The weekly fee is 4.50 per week but you can buy a 6 or 12 week count down which save you some money by paying up front.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mini Me Forum Index -> Slimming World All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: